A vegan version of one of my favorite appetizers and dips – tzatziki! Such a luscious treat filled with garlic, lemon, and zippy goodness. Yum!
Coconut Yogurt Tzatziki [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups of coconut yogurt (homemade or alternative of choice)
- 1 large organic cucumber, cut into large chunks
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoon fresh dill, minced finely (I like a lot!)
- Pink himalayan Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and BLEND till smooth and creamy. If you don't have a high powered blender, cut ingredients into smaller pieces and blend (some chunkiness is fine!)
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir and taste. Adjust for seasoning.
- Let sit in fridge for about an hour to allow the flavors to meld. Stir well before serving and give it a quick taste for seasoning again.
One thing that I want to emphasize is the use of fresh garlic and fresh dill. If you don’t have either of those, don’t make this. No jar minced garlic (not the same!) or dried dill (really lacking in the flavor). Fresh ingredients infuse your body with more vitamins, minerals and nutrients that jarred/dried/processed ingredients just DON'T have. I do have some frozen dill leftover from my garden last year that I froze in olive oil in ice cube trays and that would work great if FRESH isn't around.