Holy walnuts, this is delicious. The filling is basically just an awesome blueberry-banana smoothie and the crust is walnuts and dates.
Vanilla Blueberry Tart [Vegan]
1 large tart
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil (optional)
- 2 cups frozen, organic blueberries
- 1 banana
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- seeds from 1/2 vanilla pod
- water, if needed
- Pulse nuts in your food processor until crumb-sized.
- Add the dates and pulse until it all sticks together.
- Press into the bottom of a tart shell or spring form pan.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding as little as possible to keep it creamy.
- Pour onto your crust and let it set in the freezer overnight.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding as much or as little as you need.
- Slice and serve with fresh blueberries.