Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The perfect dessert for Thanksgiving! Imagine this lovely pie sitting on a cake stand...who wouldn't be drooling over it!? I've used a raw buckwheat and walnut crust with coconut and raisins in the mix, too. Then, I've put down a gooey layer of decadent raw caramel, and topped it off with sweet apple slices. To use sprouted buckwheat in the recipe, you can follow the instructions below: To use sprouted buckwheat in the crust, follow these instructions: Soak buckwheat groats for 15 minutes . Rinse really well. Place buckwheat in a sprouting tray or in a sieve or tray on the counter. Allow buckwheat to sprout which will take 1-3 days. Rinse every few hours. When tails have sprouted, place in dehydrator until dried. Alternatively, you could probably dry these in the oven. Use lowest temperature and leave door cracked open. Watch very carefully. I hope you enjoy this Fall recipe.
Raw Vegan Caramel Apple Pie [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Raw Vegan Caramel Apple Pie [Vegan]
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 TBSP raw nut butter
- 3 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/3 coconut syrup
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 Apples, thinly sliced and halved
- juice from one lemon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 4 tsp coconut sugar
How to Prepare Raw Vegan Caramel Apple Pie [Vegan]
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until crumbly and you can press it together. This may take a minute or so, but do not overdo it and puree.
- Press into 9 inch springform pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until completely smooth. Spread over prepared crust.
- Toss all ingredients together and decoratively place on top of caramel layer. Be sure to drizzle all of the excess lemon mixture over top.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts, raisins, and coconut. Enjoy!