If you want a healthy, raw snack that packs some heat, these Raw Vegan Habanero Pepper Crackers will do the job. They are great to eat with a salad, a healthy dip, or just plain. I topped half of them with sesame seeds and the other half with a sesame seed and chia seed combo. Even though you need to allow extra time for them to dehydrate, the preparation couldn’t be any easier. Just put all the ingredients into a Vitamix, then spread the mixture on the dehydrator tray and wait in anticipation for this healthy gluten-free and grain-free snack!
Raw Habanero Pepper Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup raw organic cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup raw organic almonds (soaked overnight)
- 1 organic tomato (cut into 1/4 pieces)
- 1 organic red bell pepper (cut into 1/4 pieces)
- 2 habanero peppers (cut into 1/4 pieces)
- 1/4 cup EA Live Sprouted Seven Blend (or organic ground flax seeds)
- 1 pinch organic cumin
- 1 - 2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt (or to taste)
- Add all ingredients into a Vitamix and process until smooth and well blended (using tamper, if necessary).
- Spread mixture evenly in a thin layer onto a Paraflexx sheet.
- Sprinkle chia seeds or sesame seeds on top, if desired.
- Dehydrate for 6 - 10 hours at 115 degrees and then cut them into the size and shape you want.
- Transfer the crackers to a mesh sheet (flipping them over) and continue dehydrating for an additional 6 - 8 hours or until dry and crispy.
- Store in an air-tight glass container.