This is every bit as delicious and satisfying as any other burger and without the suffering- what is not to like? The recipe as written a great base recipe- you can jazz it up with whatever herbs, spices a veggies or toppings you like. Give it a try...you will not be disappointed!
Quinoa Veggie Burger [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 leaves kale, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms (chopped fine)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the quinoa, vegetable stock, tomato sauce, kale, thyme and oregano in a pot on the stove. Heat on high until boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the tomato paste, mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Form the quinoa mixture into patties. I got six nice size patties, you can make them whatever size you like but do not make them too thick.
- In a skillet heat the oil over high to medium high heat. Add the patties and fry on each side for a few minutes until nicely seared and heated through. Alternatively you could bake these in the oven on a lightly greased baking pan for about 20 minutes at 350, flipping the burgers halfway through.