Whether it's a crazy Monday or a laid-back Sunday, waffles make a perfect breakfast. These peanut butter-banana waffles are crispy on the outside, and fluffy on the inside. Drizzle them with a blueberry macadamia cream for added perfection.
Peanut Butter-Banana Waffles With Blueberry Macadamia Cream [Vegan]
For the waffles
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. powdered stevia
- pinch salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp. water (whisk together and let sit for a few minutes)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
For blueberry macadamia nut sauce
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, soaked, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 dates, soaked and drained
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup water
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the waffles
- Preheat the oven to 200F and get the waffle iron heating as well. Remember to put your breakfast plates in the oven so that they keep those waffles warm as you eat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, stevia, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas and add the water, flaxseed meal mixture, and peanut butter and stir to combine. Pour this mixture into the flour mixture and stir well. A few lumps are okay.
- When the waffle iron is ready, give it a light spray with oil and ladle in some waffle batter. The amount will depend on the size of your iron. Cook for about 4 minutes or until the waffle is crispy and brown. Transfer the waffle to the rack in your oven and proceed with the remaining batter.
- Serve waffles with Blueberry Macadamia Nut Sauce (recipe below) or with your usual fixings.
For the blueberry macadamia nut sauce
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food process and blend until very smooth.
- Add more milk (or water) to reach desired consistency. This sauce will thicken over time.
- Macadamia Nut
- Oat Flour
- Peanut Butter
- Rice Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Looks like the blueberries threw up.