These Cherry Macaroons are slightly tart, creamy, and nutty with a natural sweetness that keeps you coming back for more. These are also incredibly easy to make. It’s a perfect treat to make when you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen. I thought they tasted great before, but they somehow got even better after reading this article. I know you will enjoy eating this good-for-you treat as much as my family and I did.
Cherry Almond Coconut Macaroons [Vegan]
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup date syrup Organics are for Everyone Date Syrup
- 3 tbsp cherry paste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer mixed with 4 tbsp warm water (replaces 2 eggs)
- ½ cup unsweetened dry cherries
- Water for soaking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper. Place all ingredients in a food processor with an S-shaped blade and process until well combined.
- Form mixture into 1 tablespoon mounds onto lined baking tray, 2 inches apart. Bake macaroons for 15 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and edges.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week.
- Cover cherries with cold water and soak for 4 hours.
- Remove cherries and reserve water. Place cherries in blender or Cuisinart and process until smooth (I like to use my Cuisinart Mini Prep for this). Adjust consistency with some of the reserved water, if needed.
- You can store cherry paste in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to two weeks. Use as needed.