I like a no knead bread. A cheat beat -- no yeast, no covering with tea towels, returning to the bowl, giving it another knead before returning it to the blah, blah, blah, like I said, so NOT my bag. Maybe I’m a lazy baker. But that’s fine. It means we've got bread on the table in 40 minutes. Oh yeah, I ain't kidding, forty goddamn minutes people! Now THAT is my kind of bread making. No fuss, no worrying, no painstaking waiting, no kneading. Bish, bash, bosh, on the table, in my belly. Yeow!
Carrot, Walnut, and Mixed Seed Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp good quality sea salt
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 2 large carrots grated
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. squeeze the carrots to remove any excess liquid, add to bowl and thoroughly combine. stir through the seeds and walnuts.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the plant milk. mix together using a spatula ensuring not to overwork the mixture.
- Flour a clean surface and baking tray. turn the mixture out onto the floured surface and shape. transfer the dough to the baking tray, score the top with a sharp, floured knife. Sprinkle over a little more sea salt, herbs and seeds. lightly dust with some flour.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it sounds hollow when you tap the bottom. Allow to cool for a few minutes before slicing.