Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Try this simple creation with beets that will impress your guests and leave you with much time to catch up on life.
Beet Greens With Garlic and Toasted Almonds [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Beet Greens With Garlic and Toasted Almonds [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pods of garlic, slices
- 1.5 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic scapes (optional)
- 1/2 jalapeno chilie, minced
- 4 cups finely chopped beet greens
- salt to taste
How to Prepare Beet Greens With Garlic and Toasted Almonds [Vegan]
- Place the almonds in hot water and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse in cold water and remove the skin.
- Chop coarsely.
- Lightly toast the almonds, until very lightly golden and set them aside.
- Heat the oil on medium heat for about 30 seconds and add in the garlic slices, cumin and cook for about half a minute.
- Add in the garlic scapes and the chilie and continue cooking for about another minute until the mixture is a beautiful, fragrant bubbling mass, this takes about 3 minutes. You need to keep stirring constantly.
- Add in the beet greens and the salt and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Stir in the almonds and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Beet Recipes