Love cats, dogs and sloths? Duh. But are you also a Green Monster interested in making a difference for animals and the planet? Do you spend all day on Reddit, Twitter, and Tumblr? If we sent you a photo of Beyoncé on an elephant would you know what to do with it? Awesome. We’re looking for buzz-obsessed and self-motivated writers/editors interested in everything from cute photos and videos to thought-provoking animal issues, and everything in between to join One Green Planet’s Buzz Monster and Animal Monster categories.
We’re a platform for the growing compassionate and eco-conscious generation. We are the fastest growing (and largest!) independent publishing platform focused on sustainable food, animal welfare issues, environmental protection, and cruelty-free/green living. If that’s not enough, we also just happen to be the biggest vegan/plant-based food and recipe site on the Internet with the largest vegan food app.
Here Are Our Animal-Lovin’ Opportunities:
We’re looking for creative, efficient animal lover who can deliver clean written posts on a tight deadline. In addition, you should be tuned into animal and environmental news, but also pop and web culture, and recognize how to bring the two together. The ideal candidate would have the knack for finding relevant breaking news, and identifying Internet trends before they hit the mainstream and also come up with original ideas! Check out our open opportunities in Buzz and Animal Monster below:
This is a part-time role with a weekly stipend that will require you to work from our NYC office. Duties include but are not limited to research, administrative tasks, pitching news stories, writing, idea generation, social media, eating snacks, and more.
Are you looking to build your writing and communication skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of animal rights, welfare, and advocacy? Then, One Green Planet’s Fellowship Program is for you. This is an intensive three-month long, full-time paid opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Fellows are typically recent college graduates or candidates with none or limited prior work experience in the space who are looking to start a career in online media and publishing. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the team and become an essential part of the day-to-day functions of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers. Duties include but are not limited to research, administrative tasks, data entry, writing, idea generation, social media, working on tech projects, baking treats for your co-workers, and more.
Fellows are on a track to get hired for full-time roles, depending on their performance and job availability.
Editorial Assistant and Category Manager:
We have two full-time openings that offer a competitive salary and benefits package. This is an ideal role for candidates with at least 2-5 years of prior relevant work experience Duties include but are not limited to:
- Generating ideas and pitch relevant stories for the Buzz Monster category as well as ideas for new features and collaborative posts for the Animal Monster category.
- Writing, editing, formatting, and proofreading articles + performing layout and fact-checking tasks and editorial research.
- Editorial coordination, including planning and communicating with editorial team members, bloggers, and partner organizations.
What We’re Looking For:
- A College degree in a related field, and strong research, proofreading and writing skills.
- Be a passionate Green Monster, with a sense of humor!
- Loves to spend time online and understands the building blocks of shareable content.
- Excellent written, communication, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to generate content ideas quickly.
- Ability to think visually: Light photo editing skills a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of social platforms (Reddit, Tumblr, Twitter).
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML.
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tri-State area.
By being part of our team you not only get to make a difference in the world by actively pursuing your passions, you also get to work in our awesome eco-friendly New York City office which offers free stress-busting sessions with Goji the dog, our Chief Happiness Officer. And did we mention that we are mere footsteps away from a plethora of vegan lunch options? Hello!
How to Apply:
Reply with the following information and make sure you add the position of your interest in the subject of the email and include your:
- Cover letter: tell us about your skills and passion and what makes you perfect for the position.
- One writing sample
- Social media accounts
- 3-5 creative ideas for our Buzz or Animal Monster category
Qualified applicants who are selected for interviews will be assigned a series of test posts/assignments for our consideration and/or may be required to complete a trial day or week.