Each Friday, One Green Planet brings you the week’s top news. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this is will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up! Here you’ll find different categories of news, a synopsis of the top stories, and links to each article published during the week.
1. Animal rights and Welfare News
Source: Graeme Snow/Shutterstock
As always we had a ton of news to cover in the world of Animal rights and welfare. This week we saw happy and hopeful stories, as well as some grim and depressing ones. Some of the more notable stories included Hotel Launches Animal Mindfulness Program, Norway and United States Continue to Experiment on Endangered Whales Despite Backlash, Cat Lost in Airport for Three Weeks Before Being Rescued, 21 Dogs Rescued Just Days Before Turning Into Soup for South Korea’s ‘Bok Nal’ Season, Hero Dogs Receive Awards for Their Extraordinary Contributions to Society, The Land of Ahimsa: New Documentary Explores ‘Ahimsa’ and Nonviolence Towards All Living Things, Two Neglected Tigers Saved From Abandoned Roadside Zoo in Oklahoma, Rescuers Spend 4 Hours Freeing Humpback Whale From Fishing Net, Dying Goldfish Installation Removed From Museum For Promoting Animal Cruelty, Employee Quits Job After Boss’ Heartless Response to Her Family Dog’s Death, and Florida Dad Arrested After Killing Daughter’s Dogs By Locking Them in a Hot Car for Three Days.
Here are the other important animal stories of the week:
- This Dog Was Abandoned By Her Previous Human For a Facial Deformity. Now She Has a Best Friend and a Forever Home!
- This 2.5-Week-Old Kitten Was Rescued From a Basement
- Brave Woman Jumps Into Icy Lake to Save Drowning Dog
- Rescuers Creatively Trap Mama Cat and Her Kittens to Save Them
- Neglected Dog Found Emaciated with No Ears or Tongue
- Lost Malnourished Seal Pup Nursed Back To Health
- Dog Hit By Car Going 75-MPH on Highway. This Couple Stopped To Help
- Woman Rescues Mama Cat and Kittens in Desperate Need of Love
- Kitten Traumatized By Police After They Captured Her On Suspicion of Being an Endangered Species
- Mink Escapes Fur Farm and Now Enjoys Diving in His Swimming Pool
2. Earth and Environmental News
There were numerous stories about the environment this week which gave us hope for the future and reminded us how far we still have to go. Some of the more memorable stories included Excessive Protein Consumption Pollutes Drinking Water, New Study Finds, Nearly $2 Trillion Worth of Economic Damage Caused to Poorer Countries Due to Excessive Emissions From the US, France Confirms Link Between Cancer and Processed Meats, Demand for Trees and Charcoal Consumption is Destroying Congo Forests, Chilean Feminist Group Helps Close Smelting Plant Causing Pollution and Health Problems, and Google Cloud Announces Solutions to Help Companies Fight Climate Change.
Here are the other top earth stories of the week:
- The Bond: New Four-Part Wildlife Series Executive Produced by Robert Downey Jr. and Susan Downey
- Sleeping More and Working Less Could Help Save the Planet
- Old and Unused Coal Plants Are Being Used For Renewable Energy
- San Diego-Based Company Creates Futuristic Three-Wheeled Solar Car That Costs Less than $26K!
- How Drones Are Helping Activists and Environmentalists Find and Pursue Pollution Violations
- ThriftTok Takes Off As Young People Look for Sustainable Alternatives to Fast Fashion
- Baby Bird Nest Was Found Floating in the Ocean
3. Life News
This week in life news, innovation took the spotlight in How to Make a Natural Hair Growth Mask Using a Coconut and TikTok Hack: DIY Kiwi Mask For Acne and Skin Repair.
4. Plant-Based Food News
Source: Featureflash Photo Agency/Shutterstock
There was plenty of excitement and disappointment this week in the world of plant-based food news, including Gordon Ramsay Admits He Loves Vegan Food During The First Ever Vegan Challenge on MasterChef, Pope Francis Asks Young People to Eat Less Meat to Save the Planet, Former McDonald’s Executive Backs Vegan Fast Food Rival After Being Fired, Over 17,000 Doctors Ask Biden Administration to Put Plant-Based Diets at Forefront of Nutrition Policy, and Vegan Chefs Are Reinventing The Classic French Pastries Across the Country.
5. Natural Health News
Source: ARTFULLY PHOTOGRAPHER/Shutterstock
This week we learned more about the benefits of a plant-based diet from a nutrition expert in 10 Nutrition Tips That Help Prevent and Treat Diabetes and Other Chronic Health Conditions.
6. Human Interest Stories
Source: GINZ FILMS/Shutterstock
This week in human interest, we saw a tormenting fast-food manager get his payback in Vegan Subway Employee Wins £13,000 Harassment Claim After Boss Bullied Her For Being Vegan, and learned another way pregnant women will be affected by the Supreme Court’s recent ruling in How Pollution and Climate Change Impact Pregnant People Post Roe V. Wade.
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!