Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Every Sunday, One Green Planet brings you the week’s top news. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up!
Here you’ll find different news categories and links to each article published during the week! Enjoy!
Earth and Environmental News
There were numerous stories about the environment this week which gave us hope for the future and reminded us how far we still have to go. Some of the more memorable stories included:
- Global Protests Demand Immediate Fossil Fuel Phase-Out for Climate Justice
- Gen-Z Activist Genesis Butler Urges Prince William to Embrace a Plant-Based Future
- Criminalization of Environmental Defenders Threatens Mexico’s Right to Protest
- One Environmental Activist is Killed Every Other Day
- New System for Wind Turbines May Help Reduce Number of Birds Killed
- Are Plastic Credits the Newest Form of Greenwashing?
- Student Strikes Had Marked Effect in Switzerland, Study Shows
- Chevron Steps Up Its Hydrogen Game with Utah Storage Plant Purchase
- Amazon Steps Up in Climate Initiative with Direct Air Capture Investment
- California Leads with Landmark Pollution Disclosure Law
- US Breaks Record Of Billion-Dollar Climate Disasters In 2023
- Global Push to Phase Out Fossil Fuels Intensifies Before Cop28
- Must Watch: “Evolution Earth”: Animals in a Changing World
- NYU’s Green Leap Forward: Divesting from Fossil Fuels
- US Leads Global Oil and Gas Expansion Despite Climate Commitments
- Massachusetts Pioneers Single-Use Plastic Bottle Ban
- New Climate Protests in New York Signal Rising Pressure on Global Leaders
- Rising Concerns Over Water Pollution from US Livestock Farms
- Climate Change Made Libya Floods 50 Times Worse, Research Says
- The UN’s New Attempt to Curb Global Plastic Pollution
- California Takes on Big Oil Over Climate Change Deception
- Turf War: Weighing the Pros and Cons of Fake Grass
Plant-Based Food, Life, Human Interest, and Health News
Source: Dmytro Zinkevych/Shutterstock
This week in food, life, human interest, and health news, we had quite a few exciting stories!
- New York Fashion Week 2023 is the Most Sustainable Yet
- South Asian Fashion’s Influence on Global Trends: Unveiling the Second South Asian New York Fashion Week
- From Rocks in Trader Joe’s Cookies to Insects in Soup, The Alarming Reality of Food Contamination
- Hidden Dangers of Everyday Chemicals in America
- Live to 100: Unveiling the Secrets of Blue Zones for a Longer, Healthier Life
- Rise’s Annual NYFW Survivor Fashion Show Advocates for Survivor Rights Globally
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!