Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
One Green Planet brings you the week’s top animal news every Sunday. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up!
As always, we had a ton of news to cover in the world of animals, Animal rights, animal rescues, and welfare. This week we saw happy and hopeful stories, and some grim and depressing ones. Some of the more notable stories included:
- Daring Rabbit Rescued from California Highway
- Hilarious Dog Fakes Sleep to Avoid Going Outside
- Mini Dachshund Found After Being Lost Underground for Days
- Thousands of Minks Released from Pennsylvania Fur Farm
- Neuralink Embarks on First Human Trial, Despite Killing 1500 Animals
- UK Passes Landmark Legislation to Protect Animals in Tourism
- Rottweiler and Cow’s Friendship Captured in Viral Video
- Do Cats Reflect Their Humans’ Personalities? What the Experts Say
- World’s First Dog-Fox Hybrid Discovered in Brazil
- Octopuses Could Receive the Same Protection as Monkeys in Research Settings
- Pied Tamarins Rely on Scent to Communicate in Areas with High Noise Pollution
- Decoding Insect Courtship as Nature’s Dating App
- Devastating Video Shows Dog’s Reaction to Finding Out “Fence Friend” Died
- “Morning Person” Husky Ready to Start the Day in Cute Video
- Boston Terrier Named Pokey Fakes Leg Injury in Funny Viral Video
- The Fascinating World of Hermit Crabs
- Zoo Animals are Getting Seasonal Affective Disorder
- The Wisdom of Slowness: Lessons We Can Learn from Lazy Animals
- Viral TikTok Video Shows Heartwarming Discovery of Feral Puppies
- Rescue Pig Now Lives Luxury Lifestyle in Adorable Video
- Stray Pit Bull Rescued from Being Shot by Kind Strangers
- The Eats Act Threatens Animal Welfare and Food Safety in the US
- 250 Pets Missing in Arizona Spark Dispute!
- Florida Woman Faces Charges After Many Neglected and Dead Animals Were Found on Her Property
- Adorable Video Shows Westie Ready to Go to College with His Human!
- Goldendoodle and Cleaner BFFs Shown in Viral Video
- Dog Saved from Slaughter Becomes Newsweek Pet of the Week
- Over 50 Dogs, Most with Special Needs, Saved from Horrifying Conditions at Arizona “Rescue”
- XL Bully Advocate Attacked by Dog
- Smuggling of Wild Animals Persists in Balkan Region
- Mischievous Dog Plays Silly 6 AM Game at His Grandparent’s House
- How to Keep Your Pooch Mentally Fit at Home
- Dog Lends Helping Paw to Dad in Viral Video
- Five Academic Institutions in Violation of Animal Welfare Guidelines
- Smuggled Animal Skulls Seized at Paris Airport
- Lala Kent and Tricia Helfer Advocate for the Humane Cosmetics Act in Congress
- Hilarious Mishap Leads to Dog Being Dubbed “Tooth Fairy”
- Internet Loves Construction “Apprentice” Puppy
- Human Nearly Cancels Vacation After Seeing Cat’s Reaction to His Absence
- Ringling Bros. Circus Returns Sans Animal Acts
- Megan McCubbin, Springwatch Host, Slams “I’m A Celebrity” Animal Welfare Practices
- Zoologist Found Guilty of Bestiality, Animal Abuse, and Possession of Child Exploitation Material Charges
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!