Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
One Green Planet brings you the week’s top animal news every Sunday. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up!
As always, we had a ton of news to cover in the world of animals, Animal rights, animal rescues, and welfare. This week we saw happy and hopeful stories, and some grim and depressing ones. Some of the more notable stories included:
- Furless Puppy Abandoned in Freezing Temperatures
- Cute Video Shows Adorable Dog and Child Watching TV
- Shelter Cats Who Have Been There for Years Shown in Heartbreaking Video
- Puppy Abandoned at Indianapolis Aiport!
- What Exactly Does “Feral” Mean?
- The Struggle to Protect Barbary Macaques in Marrakech
- Cat Abandoned at Campsite Finds New Home in TikTok Video Detailing Her Story
- Funny Dog Reacts to Being “Body Shamed” in TikTok Video
- Breeding Dog Adopted, Finally Enjoying Life in Amazing Video
- Heartbreaking Video Shows Senior Cat Who Was Surrendered Because People Wanted a Kitten
- Hilarious Video Shows Dog Alerting Family When Dirty Diaper Detected
- Paralyzed Dog Guilts Humans into “Extra Cuddles” with Sad Expression
- Los Angeles Court Takes a Stand Against Craigslist Puppy Traffickers
- Rodents Meant for Rescue Fed to Reptiles
- Watch These Celebrities React to Animal Testing Videos
- Senior Dog Returned After One Year, Now Faces Euthanasia
- Watch This Rescue Dog Get Her First Toy
- Shelter Dog’s DNA Test Reveals His True Identity
- The Tihar Festival, Which Worships Animals, Began on Saturday!
- Lion Escapes From Circus, Wanders Italian Streets
- Texas Man Claims Self-Defense in Fatal Shooting to Protect Dog
- Heartbreaking Video Highlights Horrific Reality of Dogs Saved from Puppy Mills
- Adorable Video Shows Newfoundland Dog’s Mastery of Odd Skill
- Scared Dog Learns to Trust Shelter Worker in Viral Video
- Decapitated Chickens Found at Multiple Long Island Cemeteries
- Diwali Firecrackers Taking a Toll on Animals
- Volcano Fear Grows in Iceland, Animal Abandonment Spikes
- Pit Bulls Enjoy Special Outing in Cute Video
- Adorable Staffordshire Bull Terrier Refuses to Give Up Despite Over 250 Days at Shelter
- Goofy Puppy Delights Internet with Reaction to Sparkling Water
- 600+ Animals Rescued from Israel
- Japanese Ceremony Meant to Bless Kids Opts for Dogs!
- Victorian Cruelty Laws Naming Animals as Sentient Beings in Australia
- Chow Chow’s First Day at Daycare After Having Eyes Removed [VIDEO]
- Litter of Puppies Test Positive for Meth After Rescue
- This Dog’s Shelter Stay Transformation Will Break Your Heart
- New Investigation Reveals Shocking Conditions for Orangutans at Thai Zoos
- Lion Cubs Rescued From Ukraine Celebrate One-Year Anniversary
- India’s First Elephant Hospital Celebrates 5 Amazing Years!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!