Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Every Sunday, One Green Planet brings you the week’s top animal news. For those who don’t have a lot of time to look through the news each day, this will be a great resource and an easy way to catch up!
As always, we had a ton of news to cover in the world of animals, Animal rights, animal rescues, and welfare. This week we saw happy and hopeful stories, as well as some grim and depressing ones. Some of the more notable stories included:
- Baby Beagle Visits Beach for First Time, Melts Hearts on TikTok
- Hysterical “Pet of the Week” Ceremony Goes Viral on TikTok
- Five Overlooked Dogs Finally Find Forever Homes After Being Featured in TikTok Clip
- Roncalli Circus Redefines Magic with Holographic Animals
- Foal Falls to Death Off Welsh Cliff After Selfie Takers Got Too Close
- Facebook Refuses to Remove Videos Depicting Sickening Animal Cruelty
- Exercise Buddies! Adorable Video Shows Cat & Human Doing “Pawlates”
- “Unsocialized” Havanese Has New Home After Couple Drives 1800 Miles to Adopt Her
- Leo, the Home Depot Cat: A Unique Internet Sensation
- Wimbledon Champ Draws Backlash After Attending Bullfight
- Invasive Red Fire Ants Found in Europe for the First Time
- Stella, the 10-Year-Old Labrador Who’s Breaking the Age Barrier
- From Neglect to New Beginnings: Dudley’s Incredible Transformation
- Viral Video of Elderly Dog’s Naptime Preference Warms Hearts Online
- The Rising Costs of Renting with Pets: A Growing Trend in American Housing
- Author of “Big Panda and Tiny Dragon” Sets Up Animal Sanctuary in Swansea
- Should We Ban Selfies with Wild Animals? Debating Ethics and Conservation
- A Surprise Six-Pack: Texas Shelter Dog Gives Birth to Puppies After Adoption
- Cute Video: Senior Rescue Dog Wants Humans to Think She is Fragile!
- “Unofficial Mascots”: Bull Sharks Survived 17 Years in Golf Club Lake
- Tasmania’s Top Greyhound Trainer Faces Suspension Amid Animal Welfare Concerns
- The Controversy Surrounding the Ban on American XL Bully Dogs in the UK
- $1,000 Fine for Fake Service Animals in Texas
- Greyhound Has Special Bond with “Grandpawrents,” Delights Internet
- Wake County Man Faces 90 Animal Cruelty Charges
- The Heartbreaking Reality of Animal Dumping
- Is Your Dog’s “Guilty Look” Truly a Sign of Shame? Some Scientists Think So
- Viral Video: Greyhound Feels Betrayed After Human Hangs Toys Up to Dry
- Hilarious Video Shows Dog’s Epic Tumble
- Heartwarming Video Shows Cat’s Emotional Reaction to Owner’s Vacation
- The Dark Side of Social Media: Abusing Vulnerable Macaques for Likes and Views
- Justice for Apollo: Man Faces Charges for Throwing Puppy Out of SUV in North Carolina
- Exploring the Natural World Up Close with Bertie Gregory on Disney+
- Humpback Whales Shown Disrupting Orca Pods Hunt in Amazing Footage
- Cat Brings Her Human Flowers in Purrrfect Video
- After Nearly 2.5 Years at Shelter, Deaf Dog Finds Special Forever Home!
- Outrage and Calls for Justice After Horses Dragged Behind Truck in Utah
- Tracking Wildlife in Uganda’s Rainforests with Environmental DNA
- Tadpoles Change Their Color to Blend into Environment, Finds Study
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!