Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Reply to @shelbylikewoah People think i’m Obsessed with this & im ok with it-i AM obsessed & i think this is an obsession that doesnt hurt anyone😹😉
You’ll want to see this amazing rescue! Alyssas Animal Sanctuary is a 501c3 nonprofit in Valdosta, Georgia, and is on a mission to provide a safe haven for abandoned, abused, and neglected animals of all kinds. The farm also offers the community fun and educational activities out on location.
Over her years of rescuing, Alyssa noticed that some of the rescue animals had destructive behaviors from being captive wild animals and not getting the enrichment that they needed. This affects both their physical and mental health so Alyssa set out to make her sanctuary different.
In a now-viral TikTok, Alyssa explains that there are five categories of enrichment:
1. Sensory Enrichment: anything that stimulates the animals’ senses.
2. Social Enrichment: anything that includes any sort of social interaction.
3. Cognitive Enrichment: anything new or challenging that will cause the animal to think.
4. Physical Enrichment: anything to keep their habitat fun and healthy, including exercising.
5. Food Enrichment: introducing new food items or new ways for animals to get their food.
Amazing! Check out @alyssasanimalsanctuary for more!
Check out these 8 Enriching and Fun Games to Play with Your Dog!
- 8 Enriching and Fun Games to Play with Your Dog
- Watch Sanctuary Animals Play Enrichment Games!
- Dog Uses Sound Buttons to Tell Human She Wants a Bath
- Video of Dog Pushing Laundry Off Couch to Make Space to Sit Goes Viral
- Emotional Journey of German Shepherd Pup Overcoming Paralysis Goes Viral
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!