Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A recent video featuring a dog and a cat engaging in a pacific power struggle over a shared bed has taken the TikTok community by storm, amassing over two million views.
Contrary to the age-old belief that cats and dogs are natural enemies, Minion and Dagger demonstrate an endearing symbiosis. Their owner, Petroski, further explains that these pet interactions not only provide him with companionship and entertainment, but also fill critical roles in maintaining the homestead’s balance.
“The phrase ‘fighting like cats and dogs’ doesn’t seem applicable here,” said Petroski. “Their playfulness and company enrich my life, while their roles – like keeping pests at bay – contribute significantly to the homestead.”
TikTok users are captivated by this captivating pet saga, leaving comments such as “Minion and Dagger are like an old married couple arguing over bed space,” and “Their negotiations are more civil than some human disagreements.”
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Adorable Moment as Dog Teaches His Little Brother About Braving the Rain
- Family Finds Their Stolen Dog After Five Years
- 5 Times Blind Dogs Stole Our Hearts
- 146 Dead Dogs Found at Home of Animal Rescue Group’s President
- Watch This Jealous Boxer Dog Try To Get His Owners Attention
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!