Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The Miami-based residential shipbuilder Storylines plans to launch its new 753-foot mega-ship, called the MV Narrative, in 2025. The cruise ship has been constructed not only to provide comfort to its inhabitants but also to help the environment: Storylines bills it as “the world’s first environmentally sustainable private residence ship.”
The MV Narrative will contain 547 private residencies, ranging in size from 237 to 1,670 square feet. It is set to offer 20 different restaurants and bars, a post office, a school, a library, a hospital, a bank, office spaces, and several pools, as well as a bowling alley, a movie theater, and an open-air fitness deck.
Source: Storylines at Sea/YouTube
Not surprisingly, this luxury ship is far from cheap. Residencies cost between $1 million and $8 million and last the lifetime of the vessel or around 60 years. Occupants who do not want to make such a long-term commitment can lease certain residencies for 24 years, starting at $647,000.
Despite its magnitude and elaborate features, the MV Narrative has also taken measures to ensure environmental sustainability. It will be the first mega-ship to be powered by liquid natural gas propulsion, which lowers carbon emissions by about 25 percent. It will also include systems to convert waste into energy, as well as featuring locally sourced products including produce grown in the solar-powered hydroponic garden.
Starting in Croatia, the ship is set to circumnavigate the globe every three years. It will spend up to five years in major ports around the world.
If you have any interest in life at sea – and can afford it – the MV Narrative could be the place for you.
- Bill Gates Company Gives $50 Million to Make Sustainable Jet Fuel as Cheap as Fossil Fuel
- EcoCart Raises over $14.5M in New Funding For Sustainable Shopping Software
- Why Linen is the Ultimate Sustainable Textile
- Sustainable Ocean Alliance Receives $15 Million in Funding to Continue to Uplift ‘Ecopreneurs’
- Meet Mushroom Leather: A New Cruelty-Free, Sustainable, and Eco-Friendly Leather Alternative!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!