Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Singapore Airlines has announced a ban on emotional support animals on all of their aircraft from April moving forward.
Source: Spotlight on America/YouTube
Singapore Airlines previously allowed emotional Support dogs without additional weight or booking charges in the aircraft cabin as long as the animal complied with specific conditions and the regulations of the departure, transit, and destination country, Simple Flying reported.
The new policy comes after some countries, including Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Bali, and the UK, have introduced stricter import and export regulations. Although the revision will take immediate effect from April 1st, Simple Flying reported that passengers on flights departing Singapore may still travel with their emotional Support dogs after the cut-off date but only if the request and bookings were made before April 1st.
These new rules may impact individuals with mental illnesses who benefit from having an emotional Support animal. Individuals with anxiety, for example, may experience heightened stress while flying. Not being allowed to have their emotional Support animal with them may even make flying an impossibility.
- Viral Video of Emotional Support Dog Lunging at Service Dog Sparks Debate
- Emotional Support Dog Sprayed with Mace in Bathroom
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital Gets Emotional Support Dog for Staff
- Emotional Support Dog Safely Rescued from NYC Subway
- Alaska Airlines Bans Emotional Support Animals
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!