Seth MacFarlane has donated $1 million to the Rainforest Trust. The actor, writer and comedian donated through his foundation, the Seth MacFarlane Foundation, in order to stop deforestation. The donation went specifically to the Trust’s Conservation Action Fund, which will support protected areas and habitats.
MacFarlane said of his donation, “The science is clear on the connection between preventing deforestation and addressing the climate crisis. Rainforest Trust’s commitment to protecting habitat and its inherent biodiversity is fundamentally important. I wanted to support Rainforest Trust’s direct-action approach, and I hope others will join me in supporting this crucial work.”
The Rainforest Trust is an international conservation organization that facilitates with local conservation partners in Peru, Ecuador and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Rainforest Trust Acting CEO Mark Gruin said of the donation, “Protecting intact forests is the best way to help species and our global ecosystem. Saving rainforests and tropical habitat has been our mission for more than 30 years. We are thrilled that Seth is adding his voice in support of our work. His trust in our ability and the positive impact we make is incredibly meaningful and motivating.”
Read more One Green Planet news about the amazon, including the Pope’s plea to help the amazon, including why its important to stop deforestation, how companies are exploiting the area, and indigenous tribes’ visit to Europe to discuss the situation. Also, check out the following resources to learn more!
- Walmart, Costco, Target, McDonalds and More! Companies Linked to Promoting Amazon Deforestation
- Beef Industry Linked to Catastrophic Deforestation for Great Barrier Reef Catchments
- Orangutans Are Suffering in Indonesian Fires Right Now Due to Palm Oil Deforestation!
- From Soy, Palm Oil and Beef Consumption to Human Rights and Habitat Exploitation: All You Need To Know About Deforestation In Light of The Amazon Fires
- Halting Deforestation and Protecting Orangutans in Indonesia
- Peru Committing to Ban Palm Oil Deforestation by 2021
- 5 Big Causes of Deforestation and How You Can Stop It
- Scientists Call for Cuts to Deforestation to Protect the Planet – Here’s How You Can Help With Your Food Choices
- WOW! Photo Reveals the Shocking Link Between Animal Agriculture and Deforestation
- Greenpeace Report Links Major Dairy Supplier to Palm Oil Deforestation
- 5,000 Koalas Lose Their Lives Every Year Because of Deforestation – Let’s Help Save Them!
- Amazon Is Reaching a Point of No Return Thanks to Deforestation – Here’s What You Can Do Right NOW to Save It
- New Investigation Exposes Burger King’s Connection to Mass Deforestation in Latin America
- Deforestation in the Amazon is Up by 29 Percent and Our Appetite for Meat is Largely to Blame
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!