Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
A recent report has discovered that squirrel populations have dropped by 92 percent at a wildlife refuge in Texas, the lowest they’ve been in more than 30 years. Squirrels are critical to the local ecosystems as they plant seeds and increase forest cover. Extreme weather and less food may account for some of this, but more research needs to take place to find out why their populations are dwindling so drastically. Please sign this petition to urge the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to help conserve and Support squirrel populations!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Help Protect Black Ranchers from Racism in Colorado
- Petition: Pressure Norfolk Southern to Thoroughly Clean Up its Toxic Mess
- Petition: Help Make Sure This Animal Abuser is Never Allowed to Have Animals Again
- Petition: Tell California Lawmakers to Pass Bowie’s Law
- Petition: Tell Congress to Reinstate Emergency SNAP Benefits
- Petition: Tell Japan to Raise its National Age of Consent
- Petition: Tell California to Find Bear Who Escaped from Rehabilitation Center
- Petition: Urge Chinese Authorities to Remove the Memphis Zoo from its Panda-Lending Program
- Petition: Help Protect Endangered Rhinos from Poaching
- Petition: Tell Congress to Include Dental Coverage in the Medicare Program
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!