Amazon is responsible for a huge amount of merchandise returned every year – which is inevitably responsible for an enormous amount of waste that ends up in landfills. Thousands of brand new laptops, TVs, books, and other perfectly good products straight into landfill, or are destroyed, reports Greenpeace. According to a leaked document, over 130,000 products were marked “destroy” in one week in April, in a UK warehouse.
Their business model is built on greed, and they are constantly trying to make space for more products to increase profits. To make matters worse, the corporation refuses to reveal its exact number of returns overall, keeping its waste footprint in the dark. Amazon needs to do the right thing by donating some of these new and unused items instead of destroying them.
This mass overproduction and waste is destroying our environment at an alarming rate. We must demand full transparency and a more eco-friendly business model, and hold them accountable to safely dispose of waste or donate unused items. Sign this petition to demand Amazon.com stop burning returned items and instead, implement a fully sustainable system!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Stop This Zoo From Allowing Visitors To Play Cruel Games With Their Big Cats
- Tell U.S. Lawmakers to Finally Protect Big Cats
- Demand Justice for Nearly 30 Puppies and Dogs Who Were Found Bleeding
- Ban All Animal Abusers From Living With or Owning Animals Ever Again
- Help Stop the Inhumane Killing of Cats on Kangaroo Island
- Demand Limits on Climate Catastrophe Private Jet Rides
- Protect Lake County’s Greenway Corridor
- Demand These Companies Remove ‘Forever Chemicals’ From Period Products
- FIFA and Its Partners Should Compensate the Workers Who Built It
- Fire U.S. Dept. of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services For Slaughtering Wild Animals
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to theOne Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!