A photographer named Wesley White was traveling in Belize when he decided to kayak to a tiny island in Thatch Caye. What he didn’t know is who he would find on his kayak trip. While kayaking, White saw an emaciated dog on a tiny island.
Source: The Dodo/Youtube
“Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his tail wagging,” Wesley told The Dodo.
White called out to make sure that no one was on the island, but he got no answer. That’s when he knew he needed to save the dog. He took an old pair of swim trunks and picked up the dog to bring him back to the kayak.
He was worried about navigating a rescue in a foreign country, and he only had 36 hours left until he had to leave Belize. To his surprise, everyone wanted to help him out with the dog. They gave him dog food and helped get him to the local vet.
The vet kept in contact with Wesley to let him know the dog, now named Winston, was recovering and ready to move to a foster home. After two months in foster, the dog was ready to make the long flight to Dallas to finally reunite with White.
Winston met his new dog siblings and is living a happy life with White in snowy Montana!
- Stranded Dog Rescued From Floating Piece of Ice on River in Detroit
- Awesome Dog Rescue Team Helped Save a Wild Bunny From the Freeway and Get Him Home! (VIDEO)
- Dog Rescued After 500 Days in Shelter, and Her Joy is Contagious!
- Dog Rescue Far Out at Sea Goes Viral on TikTok
- Senior Dog Rescued From Sewer Gets Reunited With His Worried Dad!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!