Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In a world inundated with viral videos, one heartwarming clip recently captured the hearts of internet users everywhere. The video, shared on TikTok earlier in August under the username “Toastthenarcolepticdoodl,” features a lovable goldendoodle named Toast, who has become an internet sensation despite his unique condition.
The video opens with Toast enthusiastically playing with his sister, Laney, in a cute display of sibling affection. However, what makes this video truly amazing is that within moments, Toast begins to feel the overwhelming urge to take a nap right then and there. Despite his narcolepsy and cataplexy, conditions that cause extreme sleepiness, Toast is determined to enjoy every moment of playtime.
Toast’s human, who shared the heartwarming clip with the world, provided additional context to his furry friend’s story. Speaking to Newsweek, Toast’s human said, “Toast is doing wonderful in his foster home! He is obsessed with his foster fur sister Laney! Laney is a 4-year-old mastiff mix we adopted in 2019. Laney has proved to be a main source of Support for Toast, anywhere she goes he is by her side! We are overwhelmed with the kind words of the TikTok community and we are hoping to bring awareness to the joy special needs animals can bring to our lives.”
The video quickly went viral on social media, attracting viewers from across TikTok. To date, it has garnered over 1 million views and 87,100 likes on the platform.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- 3-Legged Goldendoodle Jumps into Freezing River to Save Baby Otter
- Dog’s Adorable Cuddle Routine With Her Human Will Make Your Day
- 5 Times Dogs Were Caught Napping in the Strangest Positions
- Shelter Dog Was So Relieved to Be Safe, She Instantly Fell Asleep on Her Rescuer’s Lap [Video]
- Dog Bewildered from Ball Trick
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!