Welcome Green Monsters! We're your online guide to making conscious choices that help people, animals and the planet.
Download food monster: the biggest, baddest, yummiest vegan food app!
single

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR Newsletter

  GET FOOD MONSTER AppX

Buzz Petition

Violet, a little Maltese-mix, got her name after a deeply upsetting incident that almost ended fatally. Her irresponsible owner used human hair to dye her fur purple and poor Violet sustained horrific burns due to the toxic chemicals in the mixture.

Fortunately, the precious dog survived and the Pinellas County Animal Services team that saved her life hopes her story will be a warning to those who do not realize the danger of such seemingly harmless ideas.

Pinellas County Animal Services shared Violet’s pictures on their Facebook page, together with a reminder that using human hair coloring products on animals should never even be considered.

Violet suffered extensive burns on her tiny body. When she arrived at the rescue, her eyes were swollen shut, she was limp, listless, and clearly in severe pain. Her condition was so bad that her rescuers were amazed she even made it through the night.

It took three months of specialized care including antibiotics, IV fluids, honey treatments, scab removals, multiple bandage changes, and pain medication for Violet to finally feel better and happier.

Once she was in better shape, she started to really show her character. “She began to walk the halls, visiting each office requesting treats or hugs or gentle pats,” the rescuers write, “always in the lead with our veterinarian in tow. It was clear – Violet was on the mend and she wanted everyone to know it.”

But the amazing recovery was not the end of her story. After all she went through, little Violet finally found a new forever home with a person who will give her proper love and care.

 

 

“Decorating” your pet and giving them a colorful makeover may seem like a fun, harmless idea but, as Violet’s story shows,that is not always the case. “Do NOT, under any circumstances, use hair color intended for humans on your pets,” the Pinellas County Animal Services team explains. “Chemicals in hair dye are TOXIC causing a wide array of external injury to your pet – possible burns, blindness and because an animal’s first instinct is to lick, it can cause poisoning or internal burns. Just don’t.”

As pet guardians, it is up to us to always keep their best interest in mind and not let our own entertainment or whims get in the way of giving them the best care they deserve. Our pets are beautiful just the way they are – and frankly, if you think otherwise, you might want to reconsider taking the responsibility of caring for an animal.

To learn more about Pinellas County Animal Services, click here.

Buzz Petition
All image source: Pinellas County Animal Services/Facebook

Want to read more posts like this? Sign up for our newsletter below!​

Browse through some recent posts below:

Taiwan to Ban All Single-Use Plastics by 2030!

Cat Who Spent 2 Years Locked in a Pet Carrier Looks Totally Different Thanks to Rescuers (PHOTOS)

Richard Branson Pens Urgent Call to Action to Protect the Last Remaining Orangutans From Conflict Palm Oil

The Future of Food Is Vegan! Report Finds 39% of Consumers Across Europe Opt for Plant-Based Products


Disclosure: One Green Planet accepts advertising, sponsorship, affiliate links and other forms of compensation, which may or may not influence the advertising content, topics or articles written on this site. Click here for more information.

2 comments on “Think Dying Your Dog’s Fur Is Cool? This Maltese Who Almost Died From Skin Burns Will Show You Otherwise”

Click to add comment
JOHN PASQUA
25 Days ago

SIGNED . HELL AWAITS THE PEOPLE WHO HURT VIOLET THE DOG NOW.


Reply
Sherry Straus
28 Days ago

Sickening !!! I have a Maltese and anyone who has one knows how fine their hair is and their skin is very white and can\'t handle something so harsh. So sad, they are the sweetest breed, most pure white hair which isn\'t to be made purple.Owner should eat a tupe/box of hair dye and see how she/he feels because that little one would be trying to like all of it off. Hope they are charged with some jail time for abuse added in and no animal in their house for life.


Reply

Comments are closed.



Subscribe to our Newsletter




Follow us on


Do Not Show This Again

×

Submit to OneGreenPlanet


Terms & Conditions ×
  GET FOOD MONSTER APPX