Are you obsessed with sharing cute animals GIFs on all your social media platforms? Do you know all the most popular hashtags for vegan food and track the “Trending on Facebook” bar like it’s your job (or mostly when you should probably not be procrastinating at your job)? Does your weekend only start when #Caturday begins? Well … we want to hear from you! One Green Planet is looking for superhero social media recruits who are not only crazy passionate about keeping the world updated but channeling that yen for communication into saving animals and the planet.
We’re a platform for the growing compassionate and eco-conscious generation. And we are the fastest growing (and largest!) independent publishing platform focused on sustainable food, animal welfare issues, environmental protection, and cruelty-free/green living. If that’s not enough, we also just happen to be the biggest vegan/plant-based food and recipe site on the Internet with the largest vegan food app.
So, if you’re a social media-savvy guru with the ability to track what’s trending and drive it, your experience makes you awesome at spreading the word to the masses while your passions make you want to spread the word that’s meaningful to you – then apply! Face it, you’d rather put out messages about ecology, animals, plant-based food, and vegan health than anything else. #SocialMediaNinjaAndProudOfIt
Here Are Our Super Exciting Social Media Opportunities:
We currently have three opportunities (based in NYC):
This is a part-time role with a weekly stipend that will require you to work from our NYC office. Duties include but are not limited to research, administrative tasks, scheduling social media platforms, eating snacks, and more.
Are you looking to build your social media and communication skills while learning the ins-and-outs of the world of animal rights, eco-consciousness, and vegan food? Then, One Green Planet’s Fellowship Program is for you. This is an intensive three-month long, full-time paid opportunity that will require you to work from our NYC office. Fellows are typically recent college graduates or candidates with none or limited prior work experience in the space who are looking to start a career in online media and publishing. Fellows will have the opportunity to work with the team and become an essential part of the day-to-day functions of a fast-paced media startup that reaches millions of passionate readers. Duties include but are not limited to social media scheduling, research, administrative tasks, data entry, writing, idea generation, working on tech projects, baking treats for your co-workers, and more.
Fellows are on a track to get hired for full-time roles, depending on their performance and job availability.
Social Media Coordinator:
We’re looking for candidates with a college degree with 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the creation, execution, and publishing of professional social media content on multiple platforms. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Creating shareable content for various social media platforms, including graphics, gifs, memes, etc.
- Daily management of One Green Planet’s high volume social communities, including all content development, scheduling, posting and user engagement.
- Collaborating with One Green Planet’s editorial team to develop and execute social media campaigns across platforms, to drive engagement and growth.
- Conducting research and analysis on new and emerging trends in social media and viral content.
- Engaging with (and help build) One Green Planet’s Green Monster Community and #imagreenmonster and #EatForThePlanet hashtags.
- Developing and maintain reports detailing key insights and metrics, including but not limited to trending topics and platform growth statistics
What We’re Looking For:
- Candidates with a college degree in Journalism, Communications, English, or a related field.
- Strong interest in the world of vegan/plant-based cooking, products, and food.
- Strong research, proofreading, writing, and interpersonal skills.
- A quick learner with a solid understanding of social media platforms and blogging tools.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, communicate well, and understand startup hustle.
- Entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to generate content ideas quickly and to think visually: Light photo editing skills a plus.
- Creative writing voice that translates to web-speak.
- Must love animals.
- Candidates must be based in NYC/the Tri-State area.
By being part of our team you not only get to make a difference in the world by actively pursuing your passions, you also get to work in our awesome eco-friendly New York City office which offers free stress-busting sessions with Goji the dog, our Chief Happiness Officer. And did we mention that we are mere footsteps away from a plethora of vegan lunch options? Hello!
How to Apply:
Send an email to [email protected] and make sure you add the position of your interest in the subject of the email and include your:
- Cover letter: tell us about your skills and passion and what makes you perfect for the position.
- One writing sample
- Social media accounts
Social media campaign idea for one platform (either Twitter or Instagram) that is based on either one of our existing campaigns, like #EatForThePlanet or #CrushPlastic, or another related to the topics we cover on the site.
Qualified applicants who are selected for interviews will be assigned a series of test posts/assignments for our consideration and/or may be required to complete a trial day or week.