Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Have you ever thought about how cool it would be to have a clean energy tax credit? Well, it turns out that Congress is thinking about it too! According to this article from the Washington Post, Congress is considering creating a tax credit for businesses and individuals who invest in clean energy technologies.
So what would this mean for you and your pocketbook? Well, a clean energy tax credit would essentially give you a discount on your taxes if you invest in things like solar panels, wind turbines, or electric vehicles. This would make clean energy options more affordable and accessible for people and businesses, encouraging more people to make the switch to renewable energy sources.
But it’s not just about saving money on your taxes. This tax credit could also help create jobs in the clean energy sector as more people and businesses invest in these technologies. And with the increasing urgency to combat climate change, transitioning to clean energy is more important than ever. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate change (IPCC) states that transitioning to clean energy is crucial to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius and avoid the worst impacts of Climate change (you can learn more about the IPCC and their work here.)
Not to mention, using clean energy not only helps the environment but can also save you money on your energy bills in the long run. So not only would you be doing your part to combat Climate change, but you could also be saving some cash. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), switching to clean energy sources can lead to cost savings on energy bills.
It’s not clear yet whether Congress will pass this tax credit, but it’s an exciting possibility. Imagine being able to save money on your taxes and do your part to protect the planet at the same time. Talk about a win-win!
Overall, a clean energy tax credit would be a great way to encourage more people and businesses to make the switch to renewable energy sources. It could create jobs, save people money, and help combat climate change. Let’s hope Congress takes this idea into serious consideration!
In the meantime, there are still plenty of ways you can reduce your carbon footprint and Support clean energy. You can start by making energy-efficient upgrades to your home, such as switching to energy-efficient appliances or installing solar panels. You can also Support clean energy by choosing to purchase clean energy through your utility provider or investing in renewable energy through programs like Green Power (you can learn more about Green Power and other renewable energy investment options here). Every little bit helps in the fight against Climate change!
- New Report Reveals Growing Evidence of Forced Labor and Slavery in Clean Energy Chain
- US Reveals Carbon Offset Program to Help Developing Countries with Clean Energy
- How This Bike Path in South Korea Generates Clean Energy
- Biden Signs Largest Federal Clean Energy Investment in US History
- California Set New Record For Using Nearly 100% Clean Energy
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!