Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
As more people embrace sustainable fashion, it can be challenging to find brands that genuinely contribute to eco-consciousness. Enter Coachtopia, a new sub-brand from the iconic leather goods and ready-to-wear brand, Coach. This fresh line of accessories and Apparel is designed with circularity and a circular design approach at its core, making it a significant player in the sustainability game.
Coachtopia’s all-gender bags, accessories, and ready-to-wear collection feature bright prints and colors and even include a campaign starring actress Lola Tung. This innovative sub-brand builds on Coach’s previous sustainable efforts, such as the Coach (Re)Loved program, which has already given new life to over 20,000 Coach products.
At the heart of Coachtopia is its three-pronged Made Circular design philosophy, emphasizing the use of repurposed and renewable materials. For example, leathers are crafted from Coach production waste or at least 50 percent recycled leather scraps. Non-leather items like hoodies and T-shirts are made from 95 percent or more recycled cotton, while bag hardware and straps use 70 percent recycled materials and resin. Canvas totes and footwear webbing are made from 100 percent recycled polyester, and footwear soles incorporate 40 percent bio-based sugarcane EVA material.
The second pillar of Coachtopia’s design philosophy is circularity, with products designed to be easily disassembled, repaired, or completely redesigned for multiple lives. This approach helps keep products within the design chain and out of landfills. Coachtopia also accepts any Coachtopia products back, regardless of age or condition, to find new ways to reuse them. Plus, customers can trade in their Coachtopia items at Coach retail stores for store credit and receive a digital passport to track their pieces even after trading.
What sets Coachtopia apart is its global community, including Gen Z climate activists, artists, and designers who contribute to every aspect of the brand. Limited-edition collaborations with young artists, like the first one featuring 25-year-old designer Sabrina Lau, will be an ongoing part of the Coachtopia world.
So, why not make a difference in the world of sustainable fashion and shop the new Coachtopia collection? With a variety of trendy pieces, you’ll not only look fabulous but also contribute to a more eco-conscious future. Remember, your purchase is an opportunity to vote for a greener planet. Let’s make our voices heard by supporting Coachtopia and other sustainable brands!
Looking to Support a smaller, mission-based brand that’s whole company is actually completely circular (unlike Coach)? Check out Tiny Rescue, a mission-based, woman, and minority-owned sustainable fashion line breaking the mold for zero-waste fashion and is on a mission to raise awareness through sustainable Apparel. The climate change collection is one of the best we have seen! All Tiny Rescue Apparel is certified net carbon neutral, and GOTS-certified organic cotton, and packaging is 100 percent plastic-free and made entirely from plants. Tiny Rescue’s manufacturing partners are entirely powered by renewable energy, which means their supply chain processes and factories cause zero harm to the planet. All products are printed to order on fabric made of zero-waste natural fibers, and through organic materials, renewable energy supply chains, and sustainable packaging, they offer the planet-minded consumer an opportunity to participate in a circular economy!
- Sustainable Circular Fashion Brand SO.TY Launches for BIPOC Communities
- 8 Zero-Waste Circular Brands Saving The Planet From Fast Fashion Pollution
- Trashion: Where Eco-Art Meets Fashion and Fun
- The Future of Fashion is Circular. Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Inside China’s Shocking Treatment of Animals for Fashion: Fur
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!