Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Sarah McLachlan is taking the Super Bowl by storm with her latest commercial for Busch Light. The 30-second spot, which was released two weeks ahead of Super Bowl 2023, features Busch Light’s spokesman “Busch Guy” teaching wilderness survival skills. The ad emphasizes the three essentials for the great outdoors: food, drink, and shelter.
Source: Busch Beer/Youtube
As Busch Guy showcases a six-pack of Busch Light for “drink,” McLachlan, 55, enters the scene with a twist on her iconic 1997 song “Angel.” In her famous commercials for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA), McLachlan encouraged viewers to Donate money to stop animal abuse. However, this time, she pokes fun at her past work by stating, “Hello, I’m Sarah McLachlan. For just dollars a day, you can help helpless animals find shelter.”
But Busch Guy quickly reminds McLachlan that this “shelter” is the wrong one and adds with a laugh, “also, that’s a wolf.” McLachlan has already spoofed her ASPCA commercials in a previous ad for Bolt, a checkout technology company. She expressed her excitement for this new commercial and stated, “Busch Light shares my love of animals and the wilderness so, while it seems unexpected, this spot is a really clever and good-hearted mix of my passions and their brand.”
Last year, Busch Light released a Super Bowl commercial featuring Kenny G, reviving the brand’s classic “Head for the Mountains” song. McLachlan expressed her appreciation for the brand’s nod to nostalgia with this new rendition of her “Angel” ASPCA commercial. She can’t wait to see how people react.
Busch Light plans to release more ads as part of the complete “Busch Guide,” which will focus on different areas of outdoor preparedness, such as signaling for help, facing a black bear, avoiding poison ivy, and more. In celebration of McLachlan’s love for the environment, Busch Light will Donate $25,000 to One Tree Planted. Krystyn Stowe, head of marketing at Busch Family & Natural Family at Anheuser-Busch, expressed her excitement for the new commercial. She stated, “Busch Light fans will love our spin on Sarah McLachlan’s iconic commercial, as they always appreciate a bit of humor that ultimately serves a good cause — especially when it comes to the great outdoors we both hold dear.”
Super Bowl LVII is set for February 12th and is sure to be a hit with McLachlan and Busch Light’s take on sustainability and animal welfare. This commercial is not just a funny spoof on McLachlan’s past work, but it also serves as a reminder to Support Conservation efforts and protect the environment. Not sure how to help? Take a step towards sustainability and Support Conservation efforts by donating to organizations like One Tree Planted. Every little bit helps preserve the environment for future generations.
- Bill Maher Admits Flying Private and Calls Out Environmental Hypocrites
- These Proposed Bills Could Finally Force The Fashion Industry to Improve Sustainability and Human Rights
- Whole Foods Cuts ties with Maine Lobster Following Suspension of Sustainability Certification
- Why Qatar’s Sustainability Claims for the 2022 World Cup Are Being Questioned
- Stanford’s New School of Sustainability Will Accept Money From Fossil Fuel Industry
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!