Just in time for Christmas — a sweet, happy story to make us all smile and a loving reunion for a worried family! Milwaukee County Transit System bus driver Jaime Grabowski was finishing her route when she spotted two dogs alone on the street. They looked very clean and happy but lost. Fortunately, she decided that she’d help them get back home.
In the video, Grabowski can be seen lovingly scolding the dogs with a parental voice telling them they should be home before getting off the bus and bringing them to safety. The very good and obedient boys followed her right onto the bus and enjoyed getting to know her until Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) came to their rescue.
Grabowski called dispatchers and let them know she had to make sure these dogs were safely returned home. They could have been hit by a car or worse.
MADACC found that not only are the boys healthy, but they also escaped from their home just 2.5 miles away from where they were found. Their family spent all night looking for them, and thanks to Grabowski and MADACC, they were reunited!
What a happy story in time for the holidays. The dogs went on quite the adventure, but luckily they came across just the right person. Hug your furry, four-legged companions a little tighter this Christmas, knowing they are safely home with you!
For more incredible stories with happy endings, check out Rescued Chimpanzees Get an Early Christmas Surprise and It’s Too Sweet, Snowmobilers Rescue Puppies Living in a Sheep Carcass on a Mountain Top, and Heroic Man Jumps Into Action When Dog’s Leash Gets Stuck in Elevator!
- 53 Dogs and Three People Are Safe After Plane Crash onto Snowy Golf Course
- Shelter Pup Spent 2 Months Watching People Adopt Other Dogs, Then This Happened [Video]
- Bride and Groom’s Nine Dogs Attend Wedding and One of Them Was Best Man!
- Georgia Man Arrested for Animal Cruelty After Authorities Found 106 Dogs Bred for Fighting
- This Rescue Fosters Special Needs Cats and Dogs Until They Find Forever Homes
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!