Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Bill Maher, the host of “Real Time,” recently addressed the sensitive topic of environmentalism during his closing monologue. He boldly confessed that he, like many other environmentalists, flies private. He then presented a photo collage of celebrities and politicians, including Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, and John Kerry, who have been spotted flying private jets despite their claims of being environmentally conscious.
According to Maher, there are only two types of people in the world when it comes to flying private: those who fly private and those who would if they could. He admitted to renting private jets for work-related purposes but acknowledged that he no longer needs to do so. He then went on to call out the Biden administration’s climate czar John Kerry for his infamous use of private jets, calling it hypocritical.
Maher also shared his journey to being environmentally conscious. He was one of the first people to have a Prius in 2001 and later got a Tesla in 2010. He had high hopes that his actions would inspire others to follow but admitted that it didn’t happen. He acknowledged that it is easy to point fingers at celebrities like Taylor Swift, but the problem is much deeper and requires serious solutions.
He concluded by calling for serious action to combat Climate change, suggesting more investment in research and development, and exploring nuclear energy as a solution. He emphasized that the real problem is not the lack of technology but how people are wired.
In conclusion, Maher’s confession reminds us that we all have a role to play in saving the planet. It is easy to point fingers at others and call them out for their hypocrisy, but it is important to focus on solutions and take action. Let’s not just talk the talk, but walk the walk and make a real impact on the environment.
The next time you consider taking a flight, consider the impact it will have on the planet and consider alternative options. Together, we can make a difference.
- ‘Let’s Make The Mall Great Again’ Bill Maher Talks About How Online Shopping is Destroying the Environment
- Bill Maher Calls Out Canada Goose On His Show, Real Time With Bill Maher
- Bill Maher Slams Liam Neeson’s Love for Animal Abuse (VIDEO)
- Chris Leonard Exposes ‘The Meat Racket’ on Bill Maher (VIDEO)
- EcoCart Raises over $14.5M in New Funding For Sustainable Shopping Software
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!