Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Bill Gates, synonymous with innovation and leadership, has once again demonstrated his commitment to fighting Climate change by investing in a reusable rocket startup called Stoke Space. This young company is developing a new generation of reusable rockets that aim to make space travel more sustainable, accessible, and cost-effective.
Source: Stoke Space/Youtube
Stoke Space was founded in 2021 and is based on the idea that reusable rockets will be the key to reducing the carbon footprint of space travel. The company’s goal is to use advanced manufacturing methods, like 3D printing, to build rockets that can be used multiple times. This will reduce the amount of debris left behind in space, decrease the costs associated with launching satellites and payloads, and ultimately make space travel more sustainable.
Unlike traditional rocket manufacturing, which can take months to produce a single rocket, 3D printing technology can create a rocket in a fraction of the time. This saves time and decreases the costs associated with space travel. In addition, reusable rockets will make it more feasible to launch more frequent missions to space, which is essential to expanding our understanding of the cosmos and our place in it.
The funding from Bill Gates’ climate investment firm comes as part of a larger funding round for the company, aiming to raise $500 million. The money will be used to build a larger rocket factory capable of producing multiple rockets. The fund will also accelerate the development of Stoke Space’s technology and create new jobs. Stoke Space is not alone in its pursuit of reusable rocket technology. Companies like SpaceX and Blue Origin have also developed reusable rockets for years. However, the use of 3D printing technology sets Stoke Space apart, and it has the potential to make the company a leader in the field. The company has ambitious plans to launch its first rocket in 2024.
This investment by Bill Gates and his climate investment firm is a significant vote of confidence for Stoke Space, and it’s a mission to make reusable rocket technology more affordable and accessible. The company’s goal is to create a new generation of reusable rockets, reducing the environmental impact of space travel, and creating a more sustainable future for all.
The future of space travel is in the hands of companies like Stoke Space, which is utilizing new technologies to create a better future for the planet and its inhabitants. Bill Gates’ investment is not only a financial investment but also a sign of the belief in the company’s mission and its potential to change the world. The sky’s the limit for this innovative and environmentally-conscious startup.
- Bill Gates Company Gives $50 Million to Make Sustainable Jet Fuel as Cheap as Fossil Fuel
- Bill Gates Speaks Out About Bitcoin’s Environmental Impact
- Bill Gates Says We Need More Elon Musks in the World to Help with Climate Change
- Bill Gates Says Rich Countries Should Eat Synthetic Meat to Avoid Climate Disaster
- Bill Gates Tackles How to Avoid Climate Disaster in New Book
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!