Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
President Biden worked on 17 executive actions on his first day in office, January 20. His orders, memorandums, and agency directives are all part of his planned structure to bring the pandemic under control, as well as undoing many of President Trump’s signature policies. He also planned on executive orders and actions for his second day in office, mostly focused on the pandemic.
“There’s no time to start like today,” Biden told reporters in the Oval Office before signing the orders. “I’m going to start by keeping the promises I made to the American people.” His orders included reversing the travel ban targeting Muslim countries, stopping the border wall, and several environmental actions.
Much of Biden’s first day after being inaugurated will include steps to stop the pandemic. Biden will implement a mask order for travel, give funding to schools, expand vaccine availability and testing, and address the pandemic on a global scale. He plans to invoke the Defense Protection Act and will direct Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to help with vaccination distribution.
Here is a listing of the Executive Orders Biden took on his first day in office, via the White House:
- Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government
- Protecting the Federal Workforce and Requiring Mask-Wearing
- Organizing and Mobilizing the United States Government to Provide a Unified and Effective Response to Combat COVID-19 and to Provide United States Leadership on Global Health and Security
- Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities
- Revocation of Certain Executive Orders Concerning Federal Regulation
- Ensuring a Lawful and Accurate Enumeration and Apportionment Pursuant to the Decennial Census
- Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis
- Preventing and Combating Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity or Sexual Orientation
- Ethics Commitments by Executive Branch Personnel
Sign this petition to demand that Biden and Congress work together to save our oceans and marine animals by banning single-use plastics throughout the entire United States!
- Biden to Cancel Keystone XL Pipeline
- John Kerry Chosen as Climate Envoy for Biden Administration
- Biden’s Plans to Rejoin Paris Climate Agreement and WHO
- Biden’s $2 Trillion Climate Plan
- Trump’s Irresponsible Withdrawal From Paris Climate Agreement is Now Official
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!