Low Waste Routine for Cat Owners!🐈🐈⬛♻️🌎 definitely not perfect but I do the best I can! #zerowaste #lowaste #catowner #ecofriendly
Keeping a pet requires a lot of materials, like food, litter, treats, and more, and unfortunately, most of those come in plastic containers, which can make it hard to stay eco-friendly. Luckily, @loveofearthco posted a TikTok with tips on how to be a low-waste cat owner!
Here are five tips for making your pet’s life more eco-friendly.
If you have a cat, you know how big and bulky litter jugs are, and it creates so much waste. Try finding a place that has cat litter refill stations like Petco, where you can just keep refilling one jug instead of always buying a new one.
2. Cat Food
Many stores, including Winco, have sections where you can buy bulk cat food. This will save you lots of waste and packaging, and you can simply refill a large container that you already have. If, for some reason, your cats aren’t a fan of the bulk stuff, try to find cat food that is made from a paper bag so that you can recycle it.
If you have a cat, you know that sometimes they like to play with the funniest things, whether that be hair ties, boxes, or shoe laces. This is a perfect opportunity to simply give them some of these instead of buying new expensive and wasteful cat toys all the time.
4. Cat Nip
Did you know you can grow organic cat nip right in your home? That’s right! Check out our guide: All About Catnip: How to Grow and Use.
5. Reusable Lint Roller
Cat hair can be a pain, but luckily there are reusable lint rollers that you can purchase online so that you don’t have to keep using those wasteful disposable ones.
Between napping and playing, your pet probably hasn’t found the time to contemplate the big issues of climate, but lucky for them they have you to make sure they are leading a sustainable lifestyle. Being a “green” pet owner is not much different then being a “green” person, it just requires a little forethought and you’re on your way!Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content.Click here to Support Us
- How to be a Conscious and Eco-Friendly Pet Guardian
- 8 Eco-Friendly Pet Products Made from Bamboo
- 10 Eco-Friendly Pet Houses and Hangouts
- 10 Eco-Friendly Hemp Products for Your Pet
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!