If your go-to solution for treating a urinary tract infection (UTI) is to pour a big glass of cranberry juice, you may want to reconsider.
@thevioletfog Stop using cranberry juice to treat UTIs! #utis #utiprevention #utihelp #uti #womenshealth #healthtok ♬ Jazz Funk with a night atmosphere (3 minutes 40)(985096) – Acore sounds
The typical cranberry juice you find at the grocery store is usually filled with sugar and contains a small percentage of cranberry. This idea that cranberries will treat UTIs is based on the fact that cranberries contain A-type proanthocyanidins (PACs), which can help prevent bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall. The typical sugary cranberry juice in supermarkets doesn’t contain enough of these PACs and will most likely make no difference in treating a UTI or bladder infection.
Instead, this TikToker shared some hacks that she uses to treat UTIs effectively. D-Mannose is a monosaccharide naturally found in fruits. Researchers believe that D-mannose might work to treat and prevent a UTI by stopping bacteria from latching on. She also recommends eating 4-8 cloves of raw garlic for a couple of days. Garlic has been used for its antibacterial properties for many years and contains allicin and sulfur compounds, which have been known to be antimicrobial factors.
This TikToker urges people to try these simple hacks whenever they feel a UTI or bladder infection brewing.
As always, it’s recommended to check with your doctor before trying any of these health hacks!
- Bloated and Uncomfortable? These 5 Plant-Based Foods Can Help!
- Bloated on a Vegan Diet? Here’s Why and How to Improve Your Digestion
- Top 10 Fiber-Rich Plant-Based Foods for Better Digestion
- 5 Simple Foods That Quickly Relieve Stomach Cramps and Aid in Digestion
- How Peppermint Oil Can Help Ease Digestion and Improve Stress
- 10 Warming Foods That Can Improve Your Digestion
- How to Use Ginger, Turmeric, and Lemon to Care for the Body Naturally
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!