Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
We’ve all felt that uncomfortable stirring in our gut, an excessive worry that won’t abstain, or even a visceral physical response to a variety of situations. It’s anxiety, and unfortunately, it’s an issue that many people experience. Anxiety disorders “are the most common mental illness in the U.S., affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older, or 18.1% of the population every year.” While anxiety disorders — referring to fear or worry that “does not go away and can get worse over time” — are more commonly addressed, those without a disorder can still experience anxiety-derived disruption in their life.
Despite its controversy, THC can work wonders to ease anxiety and calm those racing thoughts.
What Is Delta 8 THC?
Source: KETV NewsWatch 7/YouTube
Delta-8 THC is a type of cannabinoid naturally found in the hemp plant. It is a byproduct of THC and is created when the hemp flower is exposed to oxygen, says Help Flower. If you are prone to anxiety and as a result, try and avoid cannabis concentrates, delta-8 THC may be the answer you’re searching for. This cannabinoid gives you all the medicinal effects of THC without the psychoactivity that some people understandably don’t want to experience.
How Does Delta 8 THC Reduce Anxiety?
The great thing about delta 8 THC is that it’s a milder form than delta 9 THC, which is the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana but has similar health benefits!
Delta-8 THC eases anxiety in the body by activating the endocannabinoid system (ECS), which is in charge of homeostasis.
How To Consume It
Delta-8 THC is available for purchase in many different forms. If you’re not sure which one is right for you, you can experiment until you find one that works for you. It can be found in the form of:
- Vape concentrates
- Gel capsules
- Oils and tinctures
- Hemp flower pre-rolls
- CBD-rich hemp flower
Marijuana has gotten a bad reputation. It’s been racialized and demonized to scare people away from it. This is a huge issue on its own that has caused a lot of controversy in recent years. It has also made people hesitant to try hemp plant and CBD oil, despite its many health benefits. However, while hemp products are not for everybody, delta-8 THC is a great option for those who suffer from anxiety. This natural solution may be right for you!
- Why the American Diet Needs a Break from Meat and Dairy – For the Planet’s Sake
- This Is The Most Harmful Animal Product in the American Diet
- Many Americans’ Diets Aren’t Helping Them Prevent Cancer
- If Americans Switched From Meat-Heavy to a Plant-Based Diet, It Would Be Equivalent to Taking 660 Million Cars Off the Road
- New Documentary Explores Americans’ Diets and Health
- New Survey Finds More Americans Are Restricting Their Daily Diets. Find Out What They’re Cutting Out!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!