Poor digestion is something no one wants to deal with, yet something we’ve all experienced at some point or another. Improving your gut health is important since what goes on inside controls nearly every aspect of your health. 80 percent of your immune system is located in your digestive tract, which means when your gut is compromised, so is your immunity.
A certified holistic nutritionist on TikTok shared some tips that transformed her gut health and got rid of extreme bloating. Her first tip is to remove any triggers foods you may have from your diet. Common food triggers include dairy, gluten, and refined sugar. If you’re unsure what your food triggers are, try eliminating one at a time and observe if your digestion improves.
Her second tip is to take steps to heal your gut. Now that you’ve eliminated your trigger foods, it’s time to add things to your diet that will help heal your digestion. This can include digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid. This will help your body break down, digest, and absorb nutrients, like protein, with more ease.
Her third tip that she swears by is to incorporate fermented foods into your diet. Kimchi and sauerkraut are both amazing for digesiton. They contain good bacteria that act like a probiotic and may help restore the balance in your gut and Support digestive health!
- How to Deal With Digestive Difficulties on a Plant-Based Diet
- 7 Natural Ways to Boost Your Gut Health at Every Meal
- Warm Foods and Drinks That Benefit Digestion
- Improve Your Digestive Health in Just One Week With These Eating Tips!
- 8 Probiotic Recipes Using Kimchi For Better Gut Health
- A Guide to Your Gut Type and What This Means for Your Diet
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.