Key limes are nutritional powerhouses! Packed with antioxidants, and other nutrients, try adding a couple of slices to your daily water to reap all of their benefits!
@journ3y_to_wellness Why do you drink your lime water? #keylimes #limewater #wellnesstips #bloated #guthealth #holistichealth ♬ original sound – Chi
Not only are citrus fruits packed with vitamin C, but they also offer a host of other vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, phosphorus, potassium, copper, magnesium, calcium, and dietary fibers. These nutrients, along with the various types of antioxidant compounds found in citrus, perform important functions that are protective against diseases and Support our health. Their high vitamin C content may help boost your immune system, help make collagen (a protein that keeps your skin firm and strong), and may help lower high blood pressure.
Thanks to the combined action of antioxidants and fiber, citrus fruits are a great ally when it comes to regulating our blood glucose levels. Due to their role in starch digestion, flavonoid compounds can prevent hyperglycemia while also improving insulin sensitivity. Limes contain high levels of active compounds that function as antioxidants, including flavonoids, limonoids, kaempferol, quercetin, and ascorbic acid.
Considering their amazing health benefits and how delicious they are, it’s a no-brainer to make citruses a part of our diet!
For more gut health and wellness tips, follow Nadine on TikTok!
- 10 Sweet and Savory Vegan Lemon-Basil Recipes
- 7 Sweet and Citrus-y Vegan Lemon Meringue Pies
- Lemons: How They Make You Healthy and Happy!
- Lemons are in Season. Get the Squeeze on How to Use Them
- 5 Amazing DIY Beauty Hacks With Lemons (VIDEOS)
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.