We all know bloating is no fun and it can come at the most inconvenient times. To help you flush out your gut and have you feeling your best, @zjuiice shared a secret recipe on TikTok that she claims will do the trick!
@zjuiice Gut cleansing can be 💨💩but worth it! #health #guthealth #fyp #trending #healthy #weightloss #foryou ♬ BILLIE EILISH. – Armani White
This juice consists of red cabbage, cauliflower, and mint! While these may not be the first ingredients you think of when you crave juice, they have incredible benefits, such as removing toxins from the body, reducing inflammation, and improving digestion.
Not only is cabbage rich in fiber which helps “things move along” but it also contains special compounds that can help treat ulcers and other digestive issues. Isothiocyanates, a type of antioxidant derived from the glucosinolates found in cabbage, play an important role in the regulation of the bacteria in your digestive tract. They promote healthy gut flora, which is essential to proper digestion. Fermented cabbages such as kimchi and sauerkraut are also beneficial in providing the optimal amount of healthy bacteria needed by your digestive system.
Not only is mint refreshing, but it has been shown to help with the digestive process. It has a soothing effect on the stomach and intestinal tissues.
If you’re experiencing digestion problems or want to prevent them, you should give this juice recipe a try!
- The Connection Between Gut and Brain Health
- The Worst Foods to Eat If You’re Trying to Heal Your Gut [Video]
- Chemicals Produced in Our Gut After Eating Red Meat Could Explain Increased Risk of Cardiovascular Disease, New Study Finds
- New Study Links Air Pollution to Negative Change in Gut Microbiome of Infants
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!