Healthcare workers across the globe are working harder than they’ve ever had to in their lifetime during the coronavirus pandemic. Nurses compare hospitals to war zones due to the intensity, panic, and difficulty involved in the emergency rooms and intensive care units. It’s a difficult time. They need as much help as they can get.
In some countries, like the U.S., healthcare workers are in desperate need of protective personal equipment. Nurses and doctors barely have time for an actual break to sit down and eat lunch, so Cardi B donated 20,000 vegan nutrition shakes to hospital workers and Beyond Meat donated one million burgers to hospital staff as well.
In the UK, a 99-year-old army veteran raised over £3 million to help the National Health Service (NHS) during this difficult time. Others want to help them by making sure they are provided with free meals. This petition was created to ask food delivery sites like Uber Eats, Deliveroo, and Just Eat to allow people to purchase/donate meals for NHS workers.
Since then, Uber Eats and Deliveroo have both made changes to offer NHS workers both free rides and meals. However, Just Eat has not responded. Also, the option isn’t available for student nurses (many of which are working for free during this time). Sign this petition demanding free meals for all NHS workers!
Sign these other petitions as well to help healthcare workers during this crisis:
- Demand that American Hospital Association Tell Hospitals to Stop Threatening Nurses Over PPE
- Give COVID-19 First Responders and Essential Workers Hazard Pay
- Urge the Federal Government to Provide Hospitals With Urgent Supplies Needed to Fight COVID-19
- Create Ethical Guidelines for Access to Ventilators During Coronavirus Crisis
- Demand Anti-Price Gouging Laws in Every State
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Jane Goodall’s Talks about Coronavirus and the Treatment of Wild Animals
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- The Difference Between COVID-19 and the Flu
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!