Source: NJ Spotlight News/Youtube
It’s easy to become overwhelmed and helpless by the shocking recent wave of attacks against LGBTQ+ folks. The pure hostility being thrown at a community whose members are simply asking for the freedom to be who they are is gut wrenching. But every state has the capacity to proactively respond to this onslaught of hateful legislation by becoming safe havens for LGBTQ+ healthcare, and more specifically, gender-affirming care. States like New Jersey are stepping up. Governor Phil Murphy recently passed an executive order making the state a “safe haven” for trans healthcare. This means that regardless of “sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,” or even NJ residency, people seeking quality healthcare there are protected. Please sign this petition now to tell all remaining states, including your own: become safe havens for trans healthcare!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Tell the Missouri Senate to Take a Stand Against Puppy Mills
- Petition: Investigate the Killing of Trans Teen Brianna Ghey as a Hate Crime
- Petition: Kick FOX News off the air for inciting violence against the government!
- Petition: End Australia’s discrimination against disabled immigrants and their families
- Petition: Tell New Jersey’s Department of Environmental Protection To Investigate Tragic Deaths of Marine Mammals
- Petition: Hold Congressional Hearings on Jim Jordan’s Coverup of Sexual Assault at OSU
- Petition: Demand Dallas CPS Return Black Newborn Wrongfully Removed From Her Home
- Petition: Demand U.S. Lawmakers Pass Comprehensive Gun Control Legislation Now
- Petition: Demand Justice For Little Girl’s Goat who was Seized, Slaughtered, and Eaten at a Community Barbecue
- Petition: Demand That U.S. President Joe Biden Reverse Course on the Willow Project
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!