According to the New York Times, 2,300 people in the United States have died from coronavirus. The United States has extended social distancing recommendations until April 30 as they hope to help stem the spread of the disease.
Dr. Fauci of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases warned that 100,000 people or more could die from the coronavirus. “What we’re trying to do is not to let that happen,” he said, by extending the time frame of social distancing.
He urged Americans to stay home and avoid groups of more than 10. By March 29, there were 139,000 cases in the United States of coronavirus. Testing around the country continues to become more available and the number of cases rises accordingly.
Medical staff describes hospitals lacking necessary protective equipment as cases rise everywhere in the United States. A trauma physician at Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital told CNN, “We are slowly descending into chaos. We keep on drilling and preparing but it’s already taking a toll on our staff. Both emotionally and psychologically.”
Many hospitals lack equipment like protective gear and ventilators, especially stressful in a place like New York, the state with the highest number of cases. “We are losing people every day. The next few months will be painful and stress our health care system like never before,” New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said on Twitter.
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: Chinese Citizens Begin Disposing of Pets, Footage of Corpses Lining Street
- Coronavirus Update: Indonesians Called to Stop Eating Bats and Animal Activists Saving Pets in China
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of Virus Being Linked to Wild Animal Trade!
- Coronavirus Update: Pangolins Blamed for Spreading Virus
- Chinese Citizens Being Ordered to Dispose of Pets Despite Any Connection with Coronavirus Outbreak
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!