An international community move had added $8 billion to a fund to support and pay for a coronavirus vaccine. The European Union organized the fundraising conference, and countries from around the world donated in support of a vaccine. The United States did not participate, citing their own funding research efforts.
New York considered a reopening plan as the number of deaths in the state continued to decline. May 4 was the lowest one-day total in five weeks for the state, with 226 people that died from coronavirus. Each of New York’s 10 regions must hit the following requirements in order to ease restrictions placed:
- “A 14-day decline in hospitalizations, or fewer than 15 a day.
- A 14-day decline in virus-related hospital deaths, or fewer than five a day.
- A steady rate of new hospitalizations below 2 per 100,000 residents a day.
- A hospital-bed vacancy rate of at least 30 percent.
- An availability rate for intensive care unit beds of at least 30 percent.
- At least 30 virus tests per 1,000 residents conducted a month.
- At least 30 working contact tracers per 100,000 residents.”
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: States Start Relaxing Social Distancing Orders
- New Guidelines for Pet Owners from CDC
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Experts Believe Coronavirus Vaccines Should be Tested on Humans Directly Versus Animals
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!