Internal government documents show an increase in projected coronavirus cases by June 1, according to the New York Times. Modeling by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) shows that by the end of May, 3,000 Americans will be killed each day by the coronavirus.
The document, obtained by the New York Times, shows a projected increase in the death toll of 70%, from 1,750 a day to 3,000 on June 1. While the United States has been practicing social distancing for the past 7 weeks the new models show that with states reopening the numbers will not go down.
“There remains a large number of counties whose burden continues to grow,” the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention wrote. A New York Times case database showed that Indiana, Nebraska and Kansas reopened some businesses even as cases increased in those states.
“The vast majority of Americans have not been exposed to the virus, there is not immunity, and the initial conditions that allowed this virus to spread really quickly across America haven’t really changed,” Dr. Larry Chang, an infectious-diseases specialist at Johns Hopkins University, told the New York Times.
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: States Start Relaxing Social Distancing Orders
- New Guidelines for Pet Owners from CDC
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Experts Believe Coronavirus Vaccines Should be Tested on Humans Directly Versus Animals
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!