EMT’s, nurses, and doctors are fighting the coronavirus pandemic at the frontlines right at the source. They’re treating the sick and doing their best to contain the spread. But many of them are also getting sick and they’re working harder than they’ve ever had to before. They don’t have the protective equipment necessary to do their job and they are left with little time to even eat. Fortunately, many people with influence and wealth are stepping up to provide necessities during these difficult times.
Elon Musk donated thousands of ventilators to hospitals, Rihanna’s foundation donated $5 million to organizations that will help first responders fight COVID-19 better, and Jeff Bezos donated $100 million to Feeding America. Now, Cardi B is the latest celebrity to join in and do some good.
Cardi B partnered with vegan protein brand OWYN to donate 20,000 meal replacement shakes to hospital staff and ambulance crews. The idea was that even if they have little time to take a break and eat lunch, they can still get some nourishment.
The rapper also recently announced that royalties from her “Coronavirus” rant remix will be donated to charity and families in need of financial assistance due to the crisis.
Sign this petition to urge the federal government to provide hospitals with urgent supplies needed to fight COVID-19!
For more information on how people are helping during this pandemic, check out:
- Jimmy Fallon, Reese Witherspoon and Other Celebs Campaign to Raise Lunch Money for Kids Out of School Due to Coronavirus
- Italian Startup’s 3D-Printed Respirator Valve is Saving Lives of Coronavirus Patients
- Jeff Bezos Donates $100 Million to Feeding America for Coronavirus Relief
- Elon Musk Donates Thousands of Ventilators to Hospitals in LA for Coronavirus Treatment
- Rihanna’s Foundation Donates $5 Million to Organizations Fighting the Spread of COVID-19
- Billie Eilish’s Mom Starts Food Initiative to Provide First Responders and LA Hospitals with Plant-Based Meals
- Leonardo DiCaprio Raises $12 Million for Coronavirus Relief Food Fund
For helpful resources during this time, please see:
- Coronavirus Update: Hygiene Myths
- How to Grocery Shop and Get Food Safely During Coronavirus Pandemic
- How to Handle Food Delivery During Coronavirus Outbreak
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!