Billie Eilish‘s mom is doing her part to help those affected by the coronavirus. The singer’s mom spoke to a local CBS station in Los Angeles and spoke about her initiative to provide first responders and hospitals with plant-based meals.
Eilish’s mom Maggie Baird said she is sponsoring Support and Feed, an organization that helps provide food to hospitals, homeless shelters, public agencies, and senior centers. Baird will provide meals from plant-based restaurants.
“Support and Feed was an idea that stemmed from wanting to help people on the front lines: people at hospitals, people in shelters, people in need,” Baird told CBS Los Angeles. “And also help people at restaurants who are suffering so much, particularly the plant-based restaurants, which are small restaurants, often family-owned.”
The Support and Feed website will let people order food for a specific place, with a donation, or food for themselves. The initiative is also designed to Support restaurants in need, that are affected by coronavirus-impended closings.
“We’ve already, in three days, raised enough for 300 meals, which is incredible. We’ve gotten donations from all over the world,” Baird said. “Actually people in other parts of the world want to help us in California, because they’re worried about us.”
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Jane Goodall’s Talks about Coronavirus and the Treatment of Wild Animals
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Coronavirus Update: Death Toll Surpasses SARS
- The Difference Between COVID-19 and the Flu
- Coronavirus Update: Quarantined Patients Given Turtles for Dinner In Spite of
- Coronavirus Update: Your Pets are Not in Danger
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.