Transitioning to a raw food diet is an exciting experience, but it can also be an overwhelming one. Because you’ll be eating raw fresh food as your main source of calories, there is a lot to learn to ensure that you don’t undereat and therefore sacrifice your health on this new diet.
TikTok user @rawexpansion has been eating raw vegan for over four years and has shared useful tips that will hopefully help make your transition easier.
@rawexpansion 6 Tips for the Raw Vegan Lifestyle #rawvegan #rawfood #fruitarian #vegannutrition #rawvegandiet #rawveganlifestyle #rawfooddiet #veganfood #rawfoods ♬ April (No Vocals) – The Young Ebenezers
Because of the sheer volume that you’ll need to eat to meet your caloric needs daily, your intake of nutritious foods is important. Fresh foods should be your staple, and you should always have an abundance of fruits and vegetables stocked up in the fridge. Fruit is rich in fiber, which will help to keep you full whether you eat it as part of a meal or alone as a snack. It also happens to be loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants so you can’t go wrong by filling up on fruit!
While raw fruits and vegetables are high in nutrients, they tend to be pretty low in calories so it’s helpful to always have snacks healthy, raw snacks prepped and ready to go when hunger strikes.
There’s no need to let yourself get overwhelmed with all this new information. If you take things one day at a time and implement tips at your own pace, you’ll have a much more enjoyable experience. And don’t forget to get creative with your recipes and have fun on your raw vegan journey!
For more raw vegan content, follow Anais on TikTok!
Check out these Raw Vegan Recipes:
- Raw Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan]
- Raw Raspberry and Chocolate Ice Cream [Vegan]
- Raw Ice Cream Cones [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- Raw Vegan Superfood Cake [Vegan]
- Raw Vegan Caramel Apple Pie [Vegan]
- 10 Best Fruits to Dehydrate and How to Eat Them
- 5 Must-Try Treats to Make With a Food Dehydrator
- 12 Recipes You Can Make with a Dehydrator
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!