It’s no secret that the food we eat greatly impacts all aspects of our physical and mental health. It’s especially important to include several sources of prebiotic-rich foods throughout the day for optimal results. Prebiotic foods are like fuel for good bacteria. They contain certain fibrous carbohydrates that nourish the good bacteria to help them to grow. This process helps build a healthy microbiome.
@olivia.ashton.nutrition @tradersjoes #guthealth #guthealthtips #guthealthtip #allthingsguthealth #dietitiansoftiktok #traderjoes #workout #snacks #workoutmotivation #fuel #guthealthfoods ♬ As It Was – Harry Styles
1. Sourdough bread
4. Fruit bar
Prebiotics have many benefits, including improved digestion, a strengthened immune system, disease prevention, and improved metabolic health. You can even pair them with other probiotic foods such as miso, coconut water kefir, dairy-free yogurts, raw cacao, kombucha, kimchi, and sauerkraut for even better results!
You can follow Olivia Ashton, MS, RD on TikTok for more health tips!
- Prebiotics: What Are They and the Best Sources on a Plant-Based Diet
- The Best Prebiotic Foods for Optimal Digestive Health
- The Top 10 Clean Foods to Keep on Hand for Healthy Pre-Workout Eats
- Your Guide to Probiotics With Plant-Based Recipes and Supplements
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.