Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
The next time you’re finished with a plastic water bottle, don’t throw it out! Video creator Armen Adamjan urges people to upcycle it!
These hacks are so simple yet so rewarding. Once you’re down with your plastic water bottle, cut off the bottom of it, and place it over your potted plant to make a mini-greenhouse. You can even poke holes in the cap and use it as a makeshift watering can. But that’s not all! Armen shows his followers how to make a self-watering drip system using a plastic water bottle and a cue tip. You can also cut a water bottle in half, pour beer in one half, place the empty half inside, and place it next to your plant to keep slugs away.
We all recognize the first and best way to deal with the overabundance of plastic bottles in the trash is to avoid using them at all. Opting for reusable water bottles is a much easier and more ecological means of recycling drink containers than plastic bottles. However, if you do have plastic bottles lying around, reusing them is a better option.
While those projects are fun and can teach the lesson of repurposing, if we keep adding to the plastic bottle problem, it’ll be impossible to ever catch up. This is why it’s important to choose reusable items wherever possible and purchase plastic with recycled content.
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Hundreds of Plastic Bottles with One Project
- Why We Need to Wake Up and Do Something to Tackle Plastic Pollution in the Oceans
- Every American Throws Out 100 Plastic Water Bottles Annually!
- 10 Portable Water Filters That Will Make You Say Goodbye to Plastic Water Bottles
- How to Make a Plant Nursery Using Plastic Food Containers
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!