Lots of a people drop twenty or fifty dollars on a wine rack, which seems absurd when it can be made with upcycled cans and look completely stylish. Simply remove both ends of the cans, arrange the cylinders horizontally and fasten them together with a good adhesive. Then, there will be wine on the ready, and wine bottles for a different set of fun upcycling projects. Not only will you walk away with a snazzy new household item (not to mention useful!), but you’ll be able to give a new life to your trash and keep it from ending up in a landfill!
All you need are some cans, some glue, and spray paint. Oh, and some wine. Let’s get started!
1. Get together 6 or more tin cans. Try coffee or tomato cans – they’re the perfect size! Remove all labels.
2. Remove all of the lids (tops and bottoms) using a can opener. You can file down the tops so they’re not too sharp!
3. Use spray paint to coat the inside and outside of each can. Have fun with your colors – how about a different color for the inside?
4. Glue your cans together into a pyramid formation (or however you’d like to assembly them!).
5. After gluing, spray them all over, once again.
6. Insert wine bottles. Then, take one out and pour yourself a glass – you deserve it! Once you’re done, you can even make something new out of the bottle!
Share this with your friends and encourage others to upcycle items that would otherwise be thrown in the trash! If you make a wine rack, let us know how it went by commenting below!
No, its ugly